Sunday 3 May 2015

Exotic Vegetarian Burger


As a vegetarian I know it can be hard to know what to eat and so on to get enough nutrition. I´ve been an against-er of meat since I was only three years old. Not because anyone told me to, but because I felt sorry for the animals and because I simply did not like the taste of having meat in my mouth! Early in the stage I learned that beans are the best thing to eat because it´s high in protein and "meat-like" vitamins. I like variating my veggie burgers, and get inspired by new flavors and herbs. This veggie burger I like to call "Exotic Vegetarian Burger", because it´s wonderfully fresh in flavor and texture and has a lot of elements inspired by Latin-American (and other) cuisine. It was a huge hit when my friends came over and ate dinner! I made six large burgers, but I´ve adjusted the recipe so that it makes about 2-3 burgers depending on the size you choose to make them. 


Exotic Vegetarian Burger
Makes 2-3 burgers

1 can chickpeas
1/2 can kidney beans
1/2 red onion, chopped roughly
1 garlic clove, mashed and finely chopped
1 handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
a pinch each of salt & pepper
1 tbsp tomato puré
2 tbsps lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 220°C / 430°F. Combine the chickpeas, kidney beans, onion and garlic in a blender/food processor. Have the mixture in a larger bowl and add the coriander and salt & pepper, and stir well. In a small glass/bowl add the tomato puré and lemon juice and mix it together until an even liquid. Pour this over the burger mixture and mix it all together. Form the mixture into two or three equally sized burgers and place them on a baking tray with a baking sheet. Drizzle over some dried time, and place it in the oven for 45 minutes. Serve these delicious exotic burgers with has the most amazing crust and moist texture inside with salad, a slice of freshly baked bread and cooked potatoes/sweet potatoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment