Tuesday 12 May 2015

Sweet Nut Butter


Nuts, nuts and more nuts. I guess you could call me a nut addict, but I chose to call myself a nut lover - at least for the moment, until I´ve got enough of them. However I find nut butters quite interesting. Their concentrated nut flavour is incredible, and especially together with the fantastic taste of maple syrup and cinnamon! This recipe of mine combines the three nut sorts I love the most: cashew nuts, pecans and walnuts. If there is one nut butter you should make, (and I´m being totally honest) it´s this one! I made this for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and it was a big hit! I ate up the whole jar over a couple of days! It´s perfect on top of oatmeal or in smoothies.


Sweet Nut Butter
Makes one jar

200g cashew nuts
100g walnuts
100g pecans
2 tbsps maple syrup 
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat the oven to a little over 100°C / 210°F. Have all of the nuts onto a baking tray and place it in the oven for 8 minutes to make sure some of the nut oil is released from the nuts. Once they have a nice and golden colour, take them out and let them cool. Pour the nuts into a food processor and basically just blend it until it´s smooth. This may take a while, probably around 10 minutes on full speed, but be patient - the extra minutes will pay off! Once it´s starting to get smoother, add in the maple syrup and cinnamon and keep food processing for a little more. Store the delicious nut butter in an air tight jar. It will keep good in room temperature for about a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment